Jüdische Stadträte in Augsburg

October 23, 2016

Vor genau 150 Jahren meldete “Der Israelit, Central-Organ für das Orthodoxe Judentum”, vom 24. Oktober 1866 (5627) kurz:

“Augsburg, 15. Oktober – Herr J. Bachmann, Großhändler dahier, wurde zum Ersatzmann bei dem Kollegium der Gemeindebevollmächtigten und Herr J. Bauer, Banquier, als Ersatzmann beim hiesigen Magistrate gewählt.”

.

augsburg-davidstern-partnerschaft-israel

augsburg-panorama-dom-st-moritz-perlachturm-rathaus-man-st-ulrich-kopie


Jüdische Siedlung Kriegshaber

March 6, 2014

Ulmer Str Kriegshaber jüdische Häuser Jewish housesehem jüdische Häuser der alten Hauptstraße  5 – 12

Old Jewish Houses of former Hauptstr (= mainstreet) next to former synagogue (house 3), in Kriegshaber (today_ Ulmer Str.) . Until late 19th century there lived the Jewish families of Obermayer, Untermayer, Mendle, Dick, Ulman, Bach, Bachmann and many others more. Many of the houses were diveded in different parts, as today in flats.  After 1900 most of the houses already had Christian owners, however there still were many Jews next to the synagogue, which was used by the the traditional Jews of the town and the region.